Engage with other cultures while earning your degree.
Adelphi University’s study abroad programs give our students the opportunity to experience a different culture and earn academic credit in the process. Students can spend a few weeks or a semester abroad and earn Adelphi credit in the process.
Featured programs are available in a variety of countries through Adelphi partners:
- Australia – University of the Sunshine Coast
- USC offers an exceptional educational and intercultural experience, allowing Adelphi students to study at one of Australia’s fastest growing universities, while living on the picturesque Sunshine Coast in Queensland. Students can study in a variety of fields in either the Faculty of Arts and Business or the Faculty of Science, Health, Education and Engineering. Semesters at USC run from February until June and July until November.
- England – Kingston University
- Kingston is an ideal location to study abroad. Based beside the River Thames in an attractive leafy suburb of south-west London, Kingston has a vibrant town centre of shops, restaurants, a theatre and a cinema. It also has excellent transport links and central London is just 25 minutes away by train. Courses are available in a wide variety of subjects.
- England – London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art
- Adelphi Theatre majors have the option of spending the first or second semester of their junior year at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts (LAMDA). LAMDA is one of the top theater programs in the United Kingdom.
- Italy – Florence University of the Arts
- Studying abroad at FUA is characterized by the institution’s efforts in cultural integration. FUA’s mission is to offer university level academics and services that not only bring about learning, but most importantly an active understanding, participation and contribution to the city of Florence by students from all academic fields. Students studying at FUA can take courses ranging from Art to Social Psyhology (and everything in between).
- Italy – John Cabot University
- JCU is a full-fledged American university that welcomes visiting students from around the world. The campus is located in the heart of Rome, in the historic Trastevere neighborhood, just across the river from some of Rome’s greatest attractions. JCU offers a range of classes from Art to Political and Social Sciences.
- Ireland – University of Limerick
- The University of Limerick is very popular with students of Humanities and Social Sciences; it is also an ideal destination for students of Science and Information Technology. Limerick (population 80,000) is the third largest city in the Republic of Ireland and is located 20km from Shannon International Airport.
- The Netherlands – Hanze University
- Hanze University is the largest University of Applied Sciences in the northern part of the Netherlands, and is located in the vibrant student city Groningen. Hanze has a wide variety of undergraduate, graduate, certificates, exchange programs, dual degree programs, preparatory courses and minors. The university is also internationally oriented and offers various fully-taught programs in English—working closely with partner institutions from all over the world.
- Norway – The American College of Norway
- Through a special partnership with the American College of Norway (ACN), Adelphi students have the unique opportunity to earn Adelphi credit in Norway…not your typical European destination. ACN is located in Moss, Norway, a charming town on the Oslo Fjord just south of Oslo. Classes are taught in English and typically, students take courses with Norwegians and a few Americans. The program is ideal for satisfying a variety of electives but also for International Studies, Peace Studies, and LGS students.
- Scotland – University of Stirling
- The University of Stirling is a unique place – a beautiful and international seat of learning in the historic heart of Scotland. Edinburgh, Glasgow and the Highlands are all on the university’s doorstep. Choose from the full range of course modules the University of Stirling has to offer. Students will be registered for chosen modules before arrival to ensure that the courses needed will transfer back to Adelphi.
Programs in many other countries are also available.
» Visit the Center for International Education for more opportunities
Short-Term Faculty-Led Programs
What better way to get to know a new culture than with an Adelphi faculty member? Programs led by Adelphi faculty are offered during the January intersession, spring break, and summer session.
» View all available faculty-led programs